A New Lease Of Life: Meditation

Now, when you see the word 'meditation', what does it really mean to you?


It can conjure so many different connotations, and for me I always associated meditation with Buddhism. Over the last few months I've been slowly adapting meditation into my everyday life. Tell me a year ago that I'd be blogging about this and I'd have called you crazy (mainly because I would have considered all this 'hippie stuff' all a bit crazy... oh how I'm eating my words now!)

Funnily enough, it started off with a friend of mine mentioning the 'Law of Attraction', then my curiosity lead my research into crystal power and the importance of balanced chakra's. I then began working with Charmingly British, which coincidently has a spiritual approach to business, with the owner being a huge believer in the Law of Attraction. Coincidence? I think not, mainly because I hadn't even heard of the Law of Attraction until a few days before our first business meeting together.

Anyway, since then, I've been adapting a more spiritually focused lifestyle. I'm Christian, and always will be, and I think meditation and appreciation of the mind, body and spirit can be embraced by any religion. After all, God is the creator of all natural things on our earth with crystals being mentioned thoroughout the bible (Yes that's right, look it up! Particularly, the garnet Crystal used as the only guiding light on Noah's Ark!)

Anyway, I know this steers far from my usual blog posts but I really wanted to write about it! I cannot describe how positively meditation and crystals have affected my attitude and relationships with people around me. In all honesty, I didn't have the best summer this year, but the last few months have felt great, and nothing has actually changed in my life - accept focusing my mind and thoughts through meditation with crystals. I don't think I would have been accepting of crystals, meditation or anything of the sort, and it's like it was mentioned to me at exactly the right moment. On that note, I'll leave you with some very appropriate words from Buddha. Namaste.

Images sourced: meditating, Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment