VERY Street Style Assignment

Over the summer I started my own Street Style Birmingham blog, http://streetstylebirmingham.blogspot.co.uk/. I started the blog because I wanted to gain experience taking street style photography, and it seems that all street style seems to be centred about London, and well Birmingham has some pretty stylish people too! So, I wanted to show off our second city.

As a result, a few months ago I was lucky enough to be approached by Very.co.uk with a street style assignment. Their brief asked for as many style photographs as I could get in addition to supplying a photograph of myself and my top 3 Birmingham destinations. AND, this morning I received the published result through the post:




I am completely aware of how miserable I look on the photograph of me, this has been pointed out by several of my friends and my mom, ha! I'm so proud that my photographs got featured, so I don't care!

I really enjoyed this assignment, although being January at the time, it was absolutely freezing whilst I was seeking people to photograph. However, it was great experience and hopefully it will lead to future assignments. I've always been interested in street style photography, especially freelancers that provide images for fashion forecasting companies, and its something I'm going to look into as I approach graduate status.

No comments:

Post a Comment