The Oscars Red Carpet 2014

The 2014 Oscar Red Carpet really was something! I couldn't resist a cheeky blogpost listing my favourite pieces. If you haven't noticed already, there's a lot of nude, and there's a lot of embellishment.

Kate Hudson
This Atelier Versace piece really was something different on the red carpet this year. Kate Hudson looked absolutely fantastic wearing this bead-adorned off-white piece with plunging neckline. I think the embellished shoulder pads really finish off the piece as they come together like wings at the back - creating an ethereal feel to the look.

Giuliana Rancic
Strangely, this Paolo Sebastian has hardly received as much recognition as I expected when I saw the gorgeous Giuliana's arrival. I love the contrast of heavy embellishment that explodes into a flowing, princess-like skirt.

Angelina Jolie
For me, Angelina always makes the best dressed at every event (Yes, even the 2013 Oscars' Atelier Versace one-leg-bearing dress). The 2014 were no exception when she looked beautiful in this Grecian piece by Ellie Saab Couture. I love use of embellishment to create the illusion of bare skin, without actually showing any, this is the perfect example of classy, yet sexy.

Cate Blanchett
I am in love with all of the excessive embellishment used by almost all designers for this years' Oscar pieces, especially this Georgio Armani dress worn by Cate Blanchett - she looks like she's just stepped out of a fairytale, it's so beautiful!

Sally Hawkins
Funnily enough, Sally Hawkins has actually been rated one of the worst dressed by E! for this years' Oscars, but I think this Valentino gown is absolutely stunning. The heavy embroidery and detailing is spectacular, and Sally wears it beautifully.

Lupita Nyong'o
Now, how could I not mention the debut of this beauty, Lupita Nyong'o, wearing this gorgeously feminine, flowing piece by Prada. I love the plunging cut of this dress, it somehow remains flirty but innocent, and the intense pastel blue looks fantastic against Lupita's dark skintone.

No comments:

Post a Comment