Cardborigami: Recycled Cardboard Structure

At the moment I'm doing a lot of sustainability and alternative method research for a project I'm doing at university. Shigeru Ban is famous for producing huge installations made entirely from cardboard, one of my favourite works are his 'Tea Houses':


Whilst browsing his cardboard structures for inspiration, I discovered a non-for-profit organisation called 'Cardborigami'
They are a shelter charity who use their innovative cardboard structure design for distribution to LA's homeless population. 

Not only is it practical, its beautifully designed, contemporary and minimalistic. 

Best of all, the design is totally fold-able for easy portability:

I think this is a really great design, what do you think? Have a look at the Cardborigami website here and support them!

All Images sourced at: Carborigami, unless otherwise stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment