Book: The Alchemist

As part of the development stages in our current module at uni we've been encouraged to explore fields that we're interested in, so that we can develop a strong dissertation idea that we can be passionate about. More recently, I've found myself gravitating towards a more ethical lifestyle undertaking yoga and cleaner eating habits, and this has lead me into spirituality.

Now, the influence of your friends are second to none, when I think about spirituality or if I ever have those deep meaning life questions,, there's one friend that certainly springs to mind. Whilst in general, I'm pretty open-minded, sometimes I can be pretty closed minded when it comes to my own beliefs having been brought up as a strong Christian. However, more recently I've found myself becoming more curious and have wanted to explore other avenues of religion and spirituality.

As a result, I found myself buying The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. After reading this book, I can honestly say its one of the most beautiful and thought-provoking books I've read. It's all about realising your destiny by utilising the resources you have - whether from yourself or others around you. It focuses on following your intuition and learning from the omens of the world. I cannot recommend this read more, it's quite short at just over 200 pages, but I feel that I could read it over and over and always get something more from the story. I don't often read books of this nature, but after my experience with The Alchemist I think I might invest more time.

Image sourced: here

No comments:

Post a Comment